Thursday, April 28, 2016

BJP will open account in Kerala -Mar Thoma bishop Philipose Mar Chrysostom

Apr 28 2016 : The Times of India (Chennai)
BJP will open account in Kerala, says India's longest-serving bishop
Alappuzha:


BJP will open its account in Kerala, and it'll get one or two MLAs, the country's longest-serving bishop Philipose Mar Chrysostom feels. Chrysostom is designated Metropolitan of the highly-revered Mar Thoma Church.Speaking to TOI at the residence of LDF candidate Thomas Chandy in Kuttanad, the Metropolitan said he quite liked the BJP. “I won't say it's communal. Every party, individual and institution has an agenda. Why blame BJP alone,“ he asked. The Modi government, he said, had implemented several welfare projects and their impact would be seen in Kerala. “I feel that they'll get an MLA or two this time.“ Mar Chrysostom was at Thomas Chandy's home on the latter's invite to bless him before he filed his nomination papers. “Thomas Chandy asked me if I could come on Wednesday . Wednesday would have been difficult as I have my 99th birthday celebrations. So I came today (Tuesday). I won't say who will win. If I voted in Kuttanad, I'd give mine to Chandy . The party that knows how to utilise its administrative power will rule the state,“ he said.Ministers and people's representatives, he said “should not behave like those wielding power“.
Asked if he had a message on his birthday , he said many Indians don't have access to basic facilities. “People don't have drinking water, toilets, shelter, air, food and treatment facilities, which should be made available.This is my message and demand.“ Political parties, he said, should remember that people won't forget those who helped them tide over poverty and misery .

No comments:

Post a Comment