Monday, June 27, 2016

American State Maine Governor Wife Takes Up Waitressing Job

 MAINE

‘I Wish They Could All Be Like Her.’ Maine Governor’s Wife Takes Up Waitressing Job


Ann LePage
Robert F. Bukaty—APAnn LePage chats with diners after taking their order at McSeagull's restaurant in Boothbay Harbor, Maine, on June 23, 2016. The wife of America's lowest-paid governor has taken on a summer waitressing job

"I want to work extra hard just so I can show them I can do the job"

The wife of Maine Governor Paul LePage has a new summer gig: waiting tables at a local restaurant. Her goal: to buy a new SUV.
Ann LePage is working part-time as a waitress at McSeagull’s Restauant in Boothbay Harbor three days a week at lunchtime to save enough money to purchase a new Toyota Rav4, CNN reports. Gov. Paul LePage said she also took the job to “supplement” his $70,000 salary, the lowest of any U.S. governor, according to the Associated Press.
“Because of who I am and who I’m married to, I want to work extra hard just so I can show them I can do the job,” Ann LePage told the AP, adding that being a waitress is something she’s “always, always wanted to do.”
Maine’s First Lady for the last five years has already proven her worth at the restaurant, Jackie Barnicoat, McSeagull’s general manager, told CNN. “It’s not just all fun and games,” Barnicoat said. “There’s a lot of grueling side work that comes with it and she doesn’t stop. I wish they could all be like her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

திருமா என்ற சர்ச் கொத்தடிமை அரசியல் புரோக்கர்

 தமிழகத்தில் 90% கோவில் அர்ச்சகர்கள் அனைத்து ஜாதி மக்களும் உள்ளனர். சென்னை பெரியபாளையம் சிறுவாச்சூர் மதுரகாளி